Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pastiche Editing Process- Journal #6

I completely re-wrote the way I delivered my techniques and theme in my pastiche. I changed the setting and plot so that it was able to illuminate the theme and techniques more effectively. I then chose different symbols that could be resembled more to Hurston's. I used a ton of imagery in the introduction paragraph to give the reader a good idea of the plot and techinques being used. Then in later pargaraphs I used more dialouge to depict these same areas of my essay. I changed many of my sentences by adding more descriptive verbs and nouns. I then added a few more symbols and motifs that I feel illumintates the theme that I am conveying more accurately. I think by adding these few tweeks to the story, it has created a better story that any reader can enjoy, and want to keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment